Cervelo doesn’t embrace new technology just because it’s available and popular. Integrating disc brakes into the Tour de France-winning R3 meant a lot more than simply slapping them on. First, the technology had to be on track for UCI approval — the R3 is a renowned road-racing force, after all. Then they repeatedly tested to ensure the optimal balance in aerodynamics, weight, stiffness and all the other factors that separate Cervelo from the competition. The result is an R3 proven pedigree with disc-brake technology that has improved stiffness, handling, safety, and control. Featuring the smooth-shifting electronic Ultegra Di2 8070 drivetrain and Ultegra disc brakes, Mavic Ksyrium wheelset, and Cervelo ultra-light alloy handlebar and stem, the R3 Disc offers a spec package that delivers durable, premium performance.
- BBright: This asymmetrical 79mm bottom bracket standard yields stiffer and lighter frames and crank systems
- Future-proof cable management: Ensures your frame is compatible with all current and future derailleur and brake systems
- Carbon dropouts: Tough, compression-molded dropouts save weight with no sacrifice in strength compared to traditional metal
- Unique aero seatpost: D-shaped seatpost promotes compliance, and performance-enhancing comfort, without changing the distance between the saddle and the pedals
- Evolved steerer design: Applies the diameters and taper designs that best suit each model for precision handling
- Squoval tube shapes: Ultra-light shapes allow Cervelo engineers to "dial in" the weight-saving, aero, stiffness, and compliance properties that best suit specific areas of a frame
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are some benefits of electronic shifting that you don't want to miss.
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servo motors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with surgical precision and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you'll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Fork||Cervelo All-Carbon, Tapered R3 Fork for Disc Brake|
|Headset||FSA IS2 1-1/8 x 1-3/8"|
|Rims/Wheels||Mavic Ksyrium Disc CL|
|Tires||Mavic Yksion Elite 700 x 25c|
|Crankset||Shimano Ultegra 8000|
|Bottom Bracket||BBB Bottomfit BBO-72, PF30 Threaded|
|Chain||Shimano CN-HG701, 11 speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070, 11 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070, 11 speed|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000, 11-30|
|Shifters||Shimano Ultegra Di2 8070, 11 speed|
|Handlebars||Cervelo Ultra Light Alloy Road Handle Bar|
|Stem||Cervelo Ultra Light Alloy Stem|
|Brakes||Shimano Ultegra 8070, Shimano Ultegra SM-RT800, 160mm rotors|
|Saddle||fi’zi:k Antares R7|
|Seat Post||FSA SLK|